Social Icons

Friday, February 13, 2015

| blowin' candles, makin' wishes, gowin' up |


source 
I started this blog post on my last day as a 25 year old. Then I got hit with the flu (but not until after the party, because, well, there is a birthday fairy and she reigned). Then I got hit with a sinus infection. I'm going on day 21+ now, but I broke the fever, kicked the Vicks VapoRub and took my last sip of NyQuil. So, now I'm back and ready to write. And reflect on life at 25.

While 25:

  • I was booted off my parent's insurance and Verizon family cell phone plan. 
  • I cut my hand open with a knife and now have a not-so-cute scar as a result of the 12 stitches. 
  • I fell in love with a field I had no idea existed. Thank you, volunteering. 
  • I was made the proud owner of a (real) leather jacket. Thank you, Ken. 
  • I spent a heavy chunk of every paycheck on movie tickets. I blame the SF Kabuki
  • I was gifted an electric toothbrush. And was excited about it. 
  • I had short and long, random and intentional, surprising and heart-warming conversations with old friends. And strangers, too. 
  • I discovered whiskey. It's really good. 
  • I bought my first piece of artwork / woodwork from my mega girl crush, Aleksandra Zee
  • I averaged 8 hours of sleep a night. 
  • I activated my savings account. Activated = put (some) money in. 
  • I made new friends. Kept the old. 
  • I laughed until I peed my pants. 
  • I slow-danced with Ken (who never ever dances) in our tiny, cramped apartment. 
  • I bought big-girl shampoo. By big-girl, I mean shampoo that cost me more than $7.99 for 8.5 fl oz. 
  • I got rid of my car. And got very familiar with San Francisco's public transportation system. 
  • I discovered new music artists and danced at multiple, live shows. Van Morrison, you still know how to make my soul sing the loudest. 
  • I started swimming again. 
  • I got a raise at work.
  • I made it to 26 (and my parents crashed my party -- proof below).
    that time my parents crashed my birthday party
I think 2015 is going to be a big year. I feel it in my bones. 

a visit from bubba
source


Here's to growing up, one day at a time. Here's to challenging myself to live in the present, 26 and brilliant. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!