Social Icons

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Quick Rant (because it's Wednesday and I can)

I have an enormous pet peeve of people who are on their phones while you are hanging out, having dinner, holding a conversation, grabbing coffee, watching a movie, etc. Despite the fact that it makes my skin crawl, I am guilty of it, too. It's one of my many resolutions to be on my phone less, especially and most importantly, while in the company of others. 

When I am talking to someone and they are focused on their phone, text message conversations, and social media networks instead of my conversation, I can't help but feel totally disregarded. Unfortunately this rude practice has become just that -- a practice. We've engrained the cell phone into our daily routine. I want to rid myself of this patterned behavior. 

On the bright side of things, I even feel traces of digital detox after a yoga class where I'm in a studio with absolutely no trace of cell phones. Just me and my mat. I'll do more of that this year.

Watch the below video. It will make you feel uneasy. 


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!