Social Icons

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

| thoughts on pencil skirts, bus thiefs, walnuts, and tuesdays |

Maybe you got this from the title of this post, but I'm feeling a little bit like I've got too many tabs open in my brain right now. 

I was thinking...


I'm not sure pencil skirts are the most flattering on someone with any bit of a tummy. But, while my legs might look particularly stark, I do feel professional (which I totally am) and I sit up straight and cross my ankles (because, well, free show if I don't, ya know?). The whole ensemble enhances productivity. Also, I didn't feel like putting on pants this morning.


My friend got robbed by an assh*le on the bus last week. She was calm. I was pissed and immediately lots faith in all of humanity. Then we went to eat burritos and buy nice bottles of red wine and then I felt better. Lesson learned: invest in a purse that zips (preferably one with wire ties and an alarm system intsalled), don't ever take the bus, never carry cash, and trust no one. 



(source)

Next. I really like walnuts. To me, they kind of taste like they are made with butter. I just don't like how expensive they are. I hoard the ones that get delivered to the office in the 100 calorie packs. 

Tuesdays, man. They're not Monday so you can't fall back on the "blehhh it's Monday" thing, and it's not quite hump day so you can't congratulate yourself for making it halfway. You're just kinda stuck in Tuesday. We used to have half-price pizza down the street but they stopped doing that and we only figured it out after we gorged ourself of a large salad and even bigger pizza ($$$). 

Carry on, Tuesday, carry on! 

2 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at this post -- I love your candid, unfiltered thoughts! And I have the SAME relationship with Tuesdays... they need to work on their reputation because they sort of are personality-less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, also - are you aware of how much I love the "hide yo kids, hide yo wife" YouTube video? love that reference. "we gon' find you, homeboy"

      Delete