Social Icons

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

| busy dancing |

I haven't written to you in a while. There is both good and bad in that. The good? Proof I have a life outside of blogging. The bad? I've neglected writing and because of it, I feel a little bit naked.

August (WHAT!?) came without fair warning but was welcomed with open arms and a whole lot of sunshine to celebrate. These past few weeks have included friend-filled overnight trips to the beach and three days of non-stop dancing to live music. Hello, Outside Lands. Because of it, I am now writing to you from the comfort of my couch with a slight fever, a congested nose, and a cough that alarms my cat every time.

If you haven't already, you need to listen to (in no particular order) the following: Vance Joy, Ray Lamontagne, Imelda May, Bleachers, Kacey Musgraves, Lykke Li, and Jenny Lewis. You'll dance your pants off. (I'm not sure why I have so many references in this one post about not wearing clothes. Regardless, go with it, would ya?).

What is it about live music? It's this bone-shaking (in a good way) feeling that makes your heart spin, your toes tickle and your hair fall down. It makes you hungry to learn how to play an instrument and fall in love with the harmonica all over again. Sometimes it even makes me want to cut bangs and road trip across the United States with nothing but a pair of sneakers, red wine and a loud radio.

I spent three days with people in flannel, people decorated in braids and flower crowns, people in moccasins, bare-feet and high heels. Some people paraded in wheelchairs, some people were alone, some people traveled from countries far away to dance, dance, dance. All the different dress, the difference in lovers, the difference in age and still we crowded around the same stages to listen to the same artists. And together, we sang our voices thin and our our legs tired.





No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!