Social Icons

Sunday, August 24, 2014

| in water |

“In water, like in books—you can leave your life.” 


I really love being in and around water. I pay $100+ a month for a gym with a pool just so I can sport a swim cap, claim a lane, and freestyle. In the mornings, after work, and on the weekends. I also live a quick bike ride from the beach and a half hour drive down the coast from Mavericks (world famous for it's massive sea waves). I'm in the city by the bay, by no coincidence. 

I love smelling like chlorine. I love having to wash the sand off my toes in the shower. I love it when you play long enough in the cold ocean water that it starts to feel warm. 


The air smells different near the ocean. Like salt and sandcastles. The world looks so big, so full of opportunity when you're standing on the shore looking for proof of land. Bring.it.on. I like being unable to measure the distance between me and what might be past the waves. And swimming in a body of water? I know no greater sense of freedom and spirit and mermaid-like bliss. 


If you can't find me, I'm in the water.







No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!