Social Icons

Sunday, December 7, 2014

| drink beer. make stuff |


The West Coast Craft Fair came back to San Francisco this weekend and it was everything a craft-happy gal could ever imagine. And more. The show featured beautiful craftspeople living and working on the West Coast. I'm talking beautiful in the sense that these artists make you want to spend $18.00 on a spiral-bound notebook. Swoon. The event took place at the historical Fort Mason and the warehouse-like building was packed full of wood, pottery, succulents, metal, leather, ceramics, fine textiles, and paper goods.






Also, I also shook hands with my girl crush. Aleksandra Zee is a woodworker with a small studio on Market Street here in the city where she makes large-scale installations, furniture, and small art objects. When I say girl crush, I really mean it. My face flushed and I even toyed with my outfit, folding and re-folding my oversized and boyish flannel before nervously approaching her to thank her for emailing me back (yes, I emailed her, multiple times), to confess (in person) that I loved her work, to tell her that her space at the show was perfectly set-up (I took like, 8 photos), that I read her feature in 7x7, in SF Gate, and on the Urban Outfitters blog, and that her Instagram photos are so perfectly filtered. If I hadn't run out of time, I would have told her I also liked her denim overalls and work boots. I left red-cheeked and a proud owner of a small piece of art from her 'Sea Salt' collection.

(source)

(see? told you her set-up was grand.)


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!