Social Icons

Friday, July 24, 2015

| music to my ears |


I discovered an open mic three blocks from my house and I fell in love with 15+ local artists pretty immediately. These girls can sing. I mean, like really, really sing. Like goosebumps-everywhere sing. And these dudes. They play the guitar, the keyboard, and the harmonica and they make it look damn easy. 

When I hear a song that makes me tap my foot and sway my shoulders, rock my head and my lips smile, my heart does cartwheels and I love every minute of it. 

There was a big (and free) music scene in Colorado. After discovering the local talent here in San Francisco, I’ve realized a huge portion of what I’ve been missing from my time in Colorado was the live music. It was everywhere - on the streets downtown, in the middle of campus, outside our apartments, at night in the bars, at night outside the bars, and even at the airport. Music was so widely celebrated, and available. Now I think I’ve found some of that in San Francisco. 

I’m going to have some time in the near future between work and school (more to come on this later) and I plan on parading around the city to attend all the local open mic. Maybe I’ll even report back on some of my faves.

In the meantime, come hang out with me on Tuesday nights at the Village Market on 8th and California.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!